VAGINAL DIARIES: WHAT TO EAT
Are we aware of healthy foods for vaginal health? This healthy diet lets your vagina to be friendly when it desires to be and be healthy inside and outside for you and your partner. A balanced vaginal pH requires staying in the range of 3.8 to 4.5. The bacteria thrive and cause discomfort which causes UTI.
Our diet affects very much from our menstrual cycle to our state of mind, so eating the best foods for vaginal health can assist to maintain things easily there.
Women fight with the vaginal problem at some point in their lifetime. 75% of women get at least one-time of vaginal infection during their life span. It is essential to note that what we eat also has an outcome on the vagina and vaginal health.
Foods for Vaginal Health
Here are some foods you require to be consuming on a regular basis which will assist you to support and maintain your vaginal health:
1. Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt is one of the most important food which help in maintaining vaginal health. Eat at least 1 to 2 cups of probiotic yogurt on a daily basis. We should also include probiotic foods in your diets such as miso, kimchi, sauerkraut, and kefir.
2. Cranberry juice: Cranberries are full of acid properties that fight off bad bacteria. It helps you to prevent and reduce urinary tract infections.
3. Fresh fruit and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are very good for overall health as they consist of different vitamins and minerals which are essential for our health. Green and leafy vegetables help in blood circulation and avoid vaginal dryness.
4. Seeds and nuts: Almonds, sunflower seeds, and walnuts have vitamin E and oils which assist to avoid vaginal dryness. Zinc is present in almond and pumpkin seeds which are an essential mineral that controls the menstrual cycle and assists to fight itching and other signs of dryness.
5. Garlic: Raw garlic consists of antimicrobial and antifungal components. It soothes the sign of the infection which includes discomfort and itchiness.
6. Drink plenty of water: If you keep yourself hydrated it can also assist to avoid any strange stink from there—one should at least drink eight glasses a day.
7. Eat an abundance of probiotics and prebiotics: Vagina is like our gut. It needs good bacteria to fight infections and keep the usual pH. Fortunately, some foods that assist to support gut health can also support a healthy balance of vaginal bacteria.