Secure Sexual Intimacy: Female Dysfunction
DEFINITION OF FEMALE Dysfunction
Female Dysfunction is the inability or difficulty to attain or reach sufficient sexual excitement during orgasm causing personal distress, which may be expressed as a lack of subjective excitement, or genital (lubrication/swelling) or other somatic responses.
Criteria for diagnoses:
- Persistent or frequent inability to maintain a sufficient lubrication-swelling response of sexual pleasure until the accomplishment of sexual activity, which causes anguish or interpersonal difficulty
- Sexual dysfunction is not better accounted for by another dysfunction or a direct effect of substance abuse or medical condition
PREVALENCE OF FEMALE Dysfunction
YOU ARE NOT ALONE
Female Sexual Arousal Disorder is a common condition, which frequently co-presents with several Hypo Sexual Disorder.
CONTRIBUTING FACTORS OF FEMALE Dysfunction
Contributing Factors of female sexual arousal disorder are:
Physiological Effects, such as:
- Menopausal/postmenopausal reductions in estrogen levels
- Atrophic vaginitis
- Diabetes mellitus
- Radiotherapy of the pelvis
Psychosocial Factors, such as:
- Sexual myths
- Lack of knowledge about one’s body
- Interpersonal distress
- Relational conflict
Sexual Interaction Issues:
- Lack of sexual stimulation
- Lack of physical intimacy
- Lack of emotional intimacy and closeness
TREATMENT OF FEMALE Dysfunction
The management of Female Dysfunction can include:
Currently, drug treatment of Female Sexual Arousal Disorder, including sildenafil (Viagra), is not recommended, although anecdotal success has been reported.
Please consult your GP or doctor for appropriate treatment advice.
The EROS clitoral therapy device (EROS-CTD), is intended to treat female sexual arousal disorder and is approved for women who experience reduced sensation, lubrication, and ability to achieve orgasm. The device consists of a small vacuum pump that is placed over the clitoris to apply gentle suction to the region and increase blood flow, aiding in sexual arousal.
Sex therapy or counselling is often recommended to address the psychological issues present in females with Arousal Disorder.
The incompetence to orgasm can be exasperating and may have an impression on your bonding.so don’t escalate it ,discuss it and seek experts advice.